This are some more pics as requested... A newly enlarged Hoskinson Family pic, and a pic of mom with grandma and baby.
Jenna's feeling better every hour, and we're starting to get into a routine. Laina's been learning all kinds of new stuff, like how to breastfeed, how to make nasty poops, and how to use her vocal chords to reach maximum volume...
Jenna did awesome yesterday. After the previous post in the morning, she went from 5cm to 8cm pretty quickly, and barely even winced. 8 to 10cm was tougher, but her doula (Donna) was amazing at helping her get into the right position, giving her massages and support. I was really impressed at how much of a help a doula can be. Jenna doesn't think she could have done it without pain medication without Donna's expertise. It was really good for me, too, to have Donna taking care of Jenna so I could just work on not freaking out too much. She ended up in the pushing phase for almost 2 hours, which was really rough, but Jenna absolutely amazed me with her stamina and determination. I thought before I may have married out of my league, but now I now for sure. She definitely had some tough moments, but never even went into panic mode or lost it. I am totally proud of her.
Laina got checked out by the pediatrician today and she's perfectly healthy, so we are incredibly thankful for that.
That's all for now. I'm sure more will come, since I'll be home until next Monday or Tuesday, and Jenna will probably start posting soon, too. I guess with a new baby there will be all kinds of stuff to post about.
Thanks for all your comments! Personally I think she's the cutest baby that ever was, but I figure every new dad thinks that...
8 comments:
And every husband should read this post. I know Mike's love deepened for me the day I gave birth to Aubrey. It is obvious that you fell in love with Jenna all over again experiencing this miracle at her side. And you are right, your daughter is gorgeous. It generally takes a few weeks for them to stop looking like aliens, but Laina alreay figured it out!
I can't believe how motherly Jenna looks. I couldn't picture it before, but she looks so comfortable and natural with little Laina. I am so amazed that she did it without pain medication. I had no idea she was going to try that.
We want to congratulate you on your precious daughter. You have so much fun ahead of you. Enjoy every minute as she will grow so quickly. We are very happy for you and look forward to meeting Laina sometime when we are in CO.
Donna & Jerry Heldt (Mike's parents)
She really is so beautiful!! Congratulations! And Jenna you look great for just having a baby, and with no pain meds?!!
Jenna, you are one tough chick! You look amazing, especially after just pushing that adorable little Laina out! You rock!
Thanks so much for the family photo! Jenna I am so amazed you did not have any meds. You are an inspiration to all future mothers. I can't wait to hear about the labor/birth from you. Thanks for the update Jay!
Congratulations on your new baby girl sounds like you did an excellent job and with out medicine good job my mom will be so pleased. She is a nut about that. Laina is very pretty little girl. Have fun with her and enjoy every moment.
Sarah Shinn
Congrat's to Mommy & Daddy Hoskinson. 2 beautiful parents made one super beautiful baby (with a little help from our beautiful God). You guys did good! I can't believe that I'm actually enjoying being called grandpa. Wish I were there...will see you all soon.
Post a Comment