Monday, July 17, 2006

The world's smallest kitchen?

I cooked dinner tonight in what could be the world's smallest kitchen. We bought an electric burner and a saucepan at the Walmart Supercenter down the street and I made some pasta. It was pretty comical, except Jenna isn't feeling well and didn't get to partake in the humor.

I thought I'd show you guys how awesome our kitchen is. The mini-mini-fridge is below, the sink/stove/coffee station in the middle, and microwave and pantry on top. Who knew you only needed about 3 feet of wall space for a kitchen...


We also found a car for Jenna today. After spending hours narrowing down our needs, wants, and what we can afford, we dropped the idea of going full-on Colorado and getting an all-wheel drive wagon (passat, subaru, audi) and decided to go for fuel economy, versatility, reliability, style, and value. No, we didn't buy another Scion xB, but we got its cousin, the Toyota Matrix, which narrowly beat out a brand new Nissan Versa we were considering. We actually haven't bought it yet, but we're in process. It is in immaculate condition, a 2005 with only 14,500 miles. We decided that less than a dozen snow days a year, and maybe 3-4 mountain trips weren't worth the expense in first cost, mileage, maintenance, etc. that it would take to go all-wheel-drive. The Matrix is pretty cool. I never really looked into one before. Lots of cool little extras that show the designers really thought about what they were doing. I might even like it better than my xB.


What can I say, we're big fans of the "compact wagon" body style.


Tomorrow we go to the DMV and get our Colorado licenses and register the xB. Wednesday I start my new jobby-job and we pick up the new Matrix afterwards (then Jenna will have to go
back to the DMV once again to register that one...)

Also, unrelated, there were some cool clouds and lightning off in the distance on the ride home. Weather is pretty cool.

I have to stop saying "cool" so much. Can anyone hook me up with another word?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Jay, I am so impressed that you actually cooked in that "kitchen"! The car sounds great - very fitting for you Jenna. I hope you are feeling better. Maybe it's that heat wave.

Rachel said...

That's the same car my friends want to get. It sounds like a winner. So when you register your car in Colorado they go to a box and hand you your new plates. How funny is that? They don't mail them in four weeks like in CA, YOU have to go get them. I also thought it was neat that you registered to vote at the DMV since you need to reregister when ever you move.

Mike and I sat outide last night and watched the storm that was off to the east. Weather is cool...rad...awesome...groovy...narly... or my favorite AMAZING. People don't use that word enough.

Tara said...

I hear you with amazing. We have had the most amazing thunder and lightning storms here. They say we'll have about one a week during the summer. How cool is that?!

Joshua said...

Words to replace cool:
nifty
snazzy
zaney
a fine 'how do you do'
a going concern

Jay said...

cool.