We bought a crate for Ella for the car ride to Denver, and apparently Jay likes it more than she does! Ella is a little unsure of it, but we're going to put her food in there everyday so she will have to go in to eat, and hopefully she learns that it's a happy place. We have a week now to get her liking it - good thing we didn't just buy it the day before and assume all would go well.

5 comments:
Is that a technique to get Ella to go in the crate? If Jay likes it, then it must be good for Ella too?
That's a good idea, I think I'll do that for our cat, Six!
Its more of an "I wonder if I can fit in there" technique. She didn't go into it until night-time, at which point she walked all the way inside and layed down... for a doggy treat.
Hopefully she'll be comfortable enough with it by Thursday to hop in and ride for 16 hours... (with breaks of course)
Then again, if Jay fits so well and Ella doesn't like it, then maybe she could just sit up front with Jenna and let Jay stay in there. Just an idea.
Seriously, give her Benadryl, or some other sedative and the drive will go much better. I also put an old towel (and had back ups) for any accidents that may occur on the trip. It is easier to throw away the towel then wash out the crate and clean your car seats. Not to mention you don't want to smell that for several hours!
Post a Comment