Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween with Horses

A couple weekends ago Jay and I took Laina to "Halloween with Horses", a big production at the Colorado Horse Park here in Parker. We've (well, I) wanted to go every year since we've lived here, but this is the first year the weather was pretty nice. We went after Laina's nap, and unfortunately, missed all of the costume classes, which was what we (I) really wanted to see! By the time we got there, there weren't even any horses around, at all! There were a few trusty ponies, however, giving pony rides to the kids, so we tried to let Laina take a ride. She was completely fine with it...until the pony started moving, then she got scared. I was pretty broken up about it, you know, really hoping Laina will be a horse-crazy kid like I was (am). Jay, on the other hand, I think was secretly happy about the whole incident...you know, with horses being quite an expensive and potentially dangerous hobby. We'll see though, there is still plenty of time.

Besides the costume classes which we missed and the pony rides which Laina didn't like, they had 2 trick-or-treat barns, pumpkin painting, Jack Russell Terrier races, a bunch of other demos, and a little vendor area where we sampled some local honey and also some local homemade ice cream. Mmmmm. I think next year will be really fun because we'll know to check the schedule before we go, and with Laina being older I think she will have a lot of fun doing the various activities (hopefully including riding a pony!)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I REALLY want you to live on land with horses so you can invite us over for rides! Please, will you?

Amber said...

I'm sure next year will be better. What is Laina going to be for Halloween this year? Are you making her costume again?

Tara said...

Well, her face doesn't look to happy, but those are some seriously cute baby leggings!