Since I've had a couple requests to know how this went, I decided to post about it here. Last week I completed a 5-day cleanse called RESET and it really was great. I was a little skeptical at first but I did it and I'm so glad I did. It isn't a starvation cleanse or super colon cleanse or anything like that. It's designed to get your body in a totally healthy state and cleanse your body of unhealthy cravings for sugar and hi-glycemic foods. A "side effect" is weight loss, and even though I absolutely did not do it to lose weight, I still lost 5 lbs! Crazy.
In keeping with the healthfullness, tonight I made delicious Quinoa-stuffed tomatoes and I wanted to share the recipe:
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups water
pinch sea salt
2 Tbs olive oil
2 shallots, minced (I just used 1/2 small onion)
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 lb crimini mushrooms, minced
1/2 tsp whole fennel seeds, crushed
1/4 marsala wine
2 Tbs Tamari (or soy sauce)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro or basil (I used basil)
4 roasted tomatoes
Cook quinoa according to package directions (which is basically like rice, 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water w/pinch of salt, bring to boil, cover and simmer 15 mins or until water is all absorbed)
Saute shallots/onions in olive oil. Add mushrooms, dried basil and fennel seeds and saute until mushrooms are dark brown. Add cooked quinoa and mix well. Add marsala and tamari and mix well. Reduce heat and cover for a few minutes to let flavors mingle. Remove from heat and add fresh cilantro or basil and mix well. Fill roasted tomatoes and enjoy!
(To roast the tomatoes - cut off tops and scoop out a bit of the inner. Rub outside with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and roast on cookie sheet in 450 degree oven until slightly soft.) I way overcooked my tomatoes and they completely fell apart, so be sure to watch them!
2 comments:
Yum! That sounds delicious. I have a newfound love of tomatoes now that I'm pregnant.
That does sound good!
Post a Comment