Monday, December 31, 2007

Blossoms of Light...

We celebrated our 6th anniversary yesterday by going out to the Denver Botanical Gardens annual "Blossoms of Light" exhibit... basically a bunch of lights on trees... We'd heard from lots of people that its really cool, so we decided to check it out for ourselves. Its hard for pictures to capture it, because its a whole spread-out multi-acre walking tour, but here's a few



Someone told me beforehand that we had to get the 3D glasses they sell at the entrance that turn all the lights into snowflakes... so we did

And this is what we saw (notice the snowflakes, if you click on the picture the effect should be more obvious):
It was even more pronounced in person, of course. I was surprised it turned out at all through the camera. It was kind of fun driving around afterwards with the glasses on and watching all the city lights turn into snowflakes. Jenna did most of the watching, as I had to drive, so I only put them on at stoplights (which make for impressively gigantic red snowflakes when you're wearing the glasses!).

Then we went to the Sushi Den for dinner, and had some of the best sushi we'd ever had... Jenna couldn't stop raving about the seared tuna. It wasn't really the seared part that made it so good, it was just a really tasty cut of tuna, with a really good sauce. The unagi (eel) and bincho (albacore) were also delicious. I don't think I've ever had a sushi meal where every fish was so consistently fresh and perfect. I wasn't totally sold on Sushi Den the last time we went, but this time I was convinced... although I still want to find a good sushi restaurant a little closer to our neighborhood.

It was pretty cold out (in the teens), which we realized will probably be a staple of our anniversaries from now on, but it was fun to have a wintery night out.


Happy New Year, everyone! Here's a promised pic of Laina on her new rocking pony



5 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on 6 years!!! Why I cannot remember Birthday's and Anniversary's is beyond me, but happy late 6 years all the same.

Amber said...

Hey Happy Anniversary!!! I always know it's near New Year's but I can never remember the actual date. Sounds like you guys had a great celebration! Those snowflake/lights were pretty cool! Congrats!

The Donegans said...

Hey lovebirds! Looks like you had a great anniversary! Miss you guys. Laina is so cute! Hope to see you all soon...

The Donegans said...

Hey lovebirds! Looks like you had a great anniversary! Miss you guys. Laina is so cute! Hope to see you all soon...

Janice said...

We've never been to Sushi Den, but if you're looking for great sushi in Parker, we went to Junz for our 5-year anniversary in September and it was really fun. Get a reservation though. They had a table reserved right by the windows and we watched the beautiful sunset over our 4-course meal, uninterrupted by kids. It was wonderful! Congratulations on 6 years!