Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Thanksgiving Escapades + Christmas Decorationg

Jay and I flew back to CA for Thanksgiving to see the families and have some wonderful food. Jay's mom made a big feast on Thanksgiving day that the whole family was invited to, including my parents. As we flew in on Thursday morning, it was quite a long day but the meal was the perfect ending! Friday was a little celebration for John's (Jay's Dad) 60th birthday. I believe his actual birthday is today, but we celebrated while we were there. Part of our celebrations included walking up to the stable where John has his horse and I got to take the kids around on rides (pictured here w/my youngest niece, Kaity). Then on Sat we went up to my parent's house and had another fabulous feast. You just can't get enough Thanksgiving dinner so I had asked my mom to make something for us on Saturday, too. Sunday we drove down to "the OC" to visit Rock Harbor church and see some friends and also to pick up our winter clothes which we left packed in boxes in the garage. Who knew that we wouldn't have sold the house by now and had all our stuff moved out already... So we got some essentials, like coats and sweaters! It was just in time, too, as when we got back Monday the temperatures dropped into the single digits. Still not cold enough to make us want to move back to CA though!


Now we are home and I've started my new seasonal job at Old Navy to make some extra money. So far it's going well - nothing like some retail work to put you into the holiday spirit! Nice segway into holidays, don't you think? So yesterday Jay and I decorated the little Christmas tree that Mike and Rachel let us borrow (with decorations and all!) I did buy the big white balls you see on the tree, since I found them at Goodwill for $1.50. They may be a tad out of place on the small tree...the tiny balls and ornaments that Rachel let me borrow fit the tree much better. Oh well, I'm a sucker for decorations. So we decorated and listened to Christmas music and then afterwards watched my all-time favorite Christmas movie, Elf, while eating home-made cookies that my parents baked and mailed to us! They were soooo good and added just the perfect touch of homey holiday cheer. The only thing missing was eggnog, which we did have the other day but we drank it all already and I forgot to buy more. Jay took this picture with the lights on the balcony railing outside and you can also see the trees lit up in the back which are trees that the condo assosiation decorates for Christmas. Everything is really decorated up around town, these Coloradans really get into thier Christmas decorating!



And last but certainly not least is the latest picture of my growing profile. I go to the doctor this Thursday for my next check up and another ultrasound to check the progress of the baby. We were actually really blessed when we went up to Palmdale over Thanksgiving because my mom's friend is a nurse practicioner in an OBGYN office and she did an ultrasound for free so my parents could see the baby! That was really, really nice of her. Anyways, at my appointment they will do all kinds of official measurements and everything, and we could find out the sex if we wanted to...but we'd rather keep guessing (and keep you all guessing, too!!!)


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you should always walk around with a side profile. Totally pregnant and adorable. It could be like the anti-South Park walk!

Tara said...

I totally remember that! I couldn't stop wondering what happened to you guys. But I did forget for a while because Jenna laughed so loud in the theater. We can't wait to go back to Rock Harbor for a visit! Our church here...well, let's just say the music isn't quite RH style.