Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cheapest Gas in the Nation

http://www.9news.com/news/top-article.aspx?storyid=84258

Average price in Colorado: $2.89/ga

Average price in California: $3.33/ga


Jealous?


I haven't even noticed, because I've been taking the bus and light rail all week since we only have one car now. I convinced my firm to invest in the EcoPass (a transit pass that only employers can buy), so now all my public transportation is FREE (along with all my coworkers)! Big deal considering a regional pass is $135/mo (costs the firm $10/mo)


Here's a sweet cheesy TV gas price graphic I found as an illustration...



3 comments:

Joshua said...

I found another great image:
here

Rachel said...

You can put a link in a comment? Man, your tech savy ways are admirable Joshua!

I've entered my winter hibernation so I haven't noticed either, but I did see a news story on it.

Joshua said...

I did try just to include the picture in the post, but it wouldn't allow it. So all you get is the link. At the bottom of the comment box it shows you some html tags you can use. Such as tags to make your words bold and italicised or simply to make a comment about a line of text: hover here

I think it's very strange that for decades gas prices remained below $1 and very quickly rose to above $3. Believe me I noticed, I've been carpooling to work. I like having the conversation with someone vs. sitting by myself in a tin-can-on-wheels wearing a rut in the roads on my path to work.

note: for a complete list of html tags and how to use them visit W3Schools.com