I decided to look for a dollar theater, but quickly realized that they're hard to find. They're not necessarily called "Cheap Charlie's Dollar Movies" or anything like that. So I did some searching on the web, and came across a website called www.boxofficemojo.com that has a list of every movie theater in every state, along with ticket prices (click on "showtimes", then click "theater index" on the top bar). I found a theater right near our area that was $1.50!

The theater wasn't exactly top notch (as you'd expect at a dollar theater). It was a little run down, the audio wasn't exactly THX, and the place was messier than most theaters, but it wasn't too bad.
We went to go see Nacho Libre, but it turned out they didn't have it that weekend for some reason (it is a dollar theater), so for $2 (it was a matinee) we saw the movie 'Click' with Adam Sandler and Cristopher Walken. It was actually a decent movie - kind of like a modern 'Its a Wonderful Life' only a little different. Its about an architect (oddly enough) who is a workaholic and always chooses work over his family. He gets ahold of a "universal remote that controls the universe" from Christopher Walken, and discovers he can fast forward through the mundane stuff in life and get right to the good parts. Its a good deal at first, but then it goes bad. Its one of those "life's a journey, not a destination" movies. I'd definitely recommend it for rental (or dollar theater).
If you're wondering, I also found a dollar theater in Irvine, appropriately called "Starplex Cinemas - Woodbridge Dollar Movies 5" for you Orange County types (which you may already have known about).
3 comments:
Ahh, the cheap theater in Irvine. I spent many a date night in college there. It was $3 at the time so I guess with all the new wear and tear they had to drop the price.
What a great site! I just went there and found a theater in Raleigh for $1.50! I also found one for $4.50 that has tables instead of seats and you can eat dinner there. Thanks for the tip, Jay!
You're welcome!
Yeah, there's one of those dinner movie theaters here, too. Its called Cinemagrill (www.cinemagrill.com for Mike & Rachel). We're gonna check that out, too. They have $2 matinee's.
Post a Comment