First off, I am really super excited. This kinda comes as a surprise to even me, as I'm not the oogely-googely baby type, and really don't have that much interest in kids in general. But good ol' mom was right - I DO feel differently now that it's my own! I'm sure the pregnancy hormones really rev up that maternal instinct. And, seeing the ultrasound was simply amazing - there it was, a real live little person moving around inside me! That was definitely the coolest moment of pregnancy so far.
One of the challenging parts right now is not having health insurance. Jay's work has the customary 90 day waiting period, so we won't be insured until Nov 1st. So, for the first dr visit, we just paid cash, and then we were able to schedule the next visit after Nov 1st. We have temporary, emergency-only insurance, which of course does not cover pregnancy. And even if it did, the deductible is so high it would not be worth it to actually use it! The only thing that is a bit scary about it is what if we/I/the baby needs something before Nov 1st...though I'm sure it will be fine, and I know this is just another one of those "tests" God throws our way to make sure we are fully reliant on Him and not our own little helpless selves, as much as we want to be the ones in control!
Other things Jay and I have been doing/experiencing since becoming pregnant - Getting bombarded with free magazines and pamhlets and advertisements from all sorts of baby and parenting sources; Getting free formula and diaper cream samples and passifiers from the OB/GYN office and the maternity store where I bravely entered to buy a "belly band" (a contraption designed so a newly pregnant girl can wear her normal pants unbuttoned when she is just feeling a bit fat and bloated, but not big enough for maternity wear); Starting a list of possible boy and girl names; Thinking about baby furniture and decorating a baby room which we will hopefully have soon; and, Trying to figure out how we're going to cope with (and be good parental figures to) a tiny newborn, a baby, a toddler, a preschooler, a grade schooler, a jr-higher, and a high-schooler! God help us!!!
And now, for your viewing pleasure, here are the pics of the 2 home pregnancy tests I took (Jay didn't believe the first one), and also a profile of me with a barely pregnant, just starting to pooch out stomach (oh, and ignore the date on the pic, we hadn't set the date thingie on the camera yet - who knew it didn't just come programed with the correct date?!):



4 comments:
Good posting! I'm glad you are feeling better. Hopefully I will be joining your club soon!
In my defense, the first test (on the left) came with a manual that said that a single vertical line was a no-result... and the horizontal one is really faint... in hindsight it was pretty obvious, though...
Hey, good thing you have that "Don't disturb" sign on your door knob. Comes in handy I bet. :) Silly Jay not seeing the line.
If that is Jenna's barely pooched out pregnancy bell, then I must be about 5 months along...
Post a Comment