Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Days of Summer

When you take too long between posts, you end up having to recap the last little bit... So here's some highlights of our Fourth of July weekend and my birthday...

we did some swimming


we played some cornhole on the boards I made (and bags Jenna made) with the Heldts on the fourth (along with barbequing some tri-tip) while the kids played in the baby pool. I didn't take any pictures of the cornhole set or anything else that day, so I found this random one of some intense cornhole tournament


we went to the zoo



laina worked on her abs


and we went to see The Constantines for my birthday. One benefit of preferring fairly obscure bands is that I was able to decide at 6pm on the trainride home that I wanted to go see the show, then we procured a post-bedtime baby-sitter, had dinner, and showed up at 9pm, walked right in and for only $12 each we saw a quality rock band with only about 80-90 other people (max) while sipping some delicious Beamish...


So there's the last little bit. Stay tuned for the unveiling of my other birthday present.... due to arrive today!



3 comments:

Tara said...

You already made your own cornhole! I'm so impressed. And that video of Laina is so cute. I expect pics when that six pack emerges.

Rachel said...

Beamish? What's that? Am I big dork for not knowing?

Rachel said...

Okay, I googled it, it's beer. AND better yet used by Lewis Carol as an adjective in "Jabberwocky."

"And has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

What we can't all find on the Internet nowadays!