Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sweet Baby

My sweet baby girl is almost a year old! I can't believe it. A speaker at one of the mom's brunches at our church once said with kids, the days last forever but the years fly by. So true!

Laina has been teething again (I think) and not sleeping well at all. I hear her in the middle of the night awake, and if she's not the one waking me up, the dog is :( Today for her morning nap she cried for 1/2 hr after I laid her down, I thought she must have pooped or something needed attention, so I went in to check on her but she was fine. I rocked her and sang to her and laid her down again and she cried for about another 1/2 hr and then finally went to sleep at 10 am. Not good timing when church starts at 10:45. So I skipped church today and decided my baby's sleep was more important.

Besides teething and sleep, Laina is turning into a little crawling machine. I had her in jeans this morning and when I put her down she got very upset as they were super restrictive and she couldn't get into the crawling position via crawling forward through the splits position! She didn't know what to do and thought she couldn't move at all and started crying. It was so sad, I had to change her into some baby leggings so she could move! Then she was happy again and started crawling and smiling all over the place! She is also a big chatterbox and "talks" all the time. She says whole sentences, I just can't figure out what they mean! She does say a few real words, too. I cannot wait for her grandparents to come for her birthday next week and see how much she has grown and all the neat things she does and says now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo beautiful! What a sweet little princess!