
It took us a little longer to get there than some of our blogging bretheren, but this is our 100th Post!
There is apparently a rule that on your 100th post you have to list 100 rarely known things about yourself. Since that's really hard, we're splitting it up into categories: 25 things about Jay, 25 things about Jenna, 25 things about us, 15 things about Laina, and 10 about Ella.
Ella:
1. Has several heart-shaped spots, and her birthday (though we don't know the exact date) is February 14th
2. Was hit by a van a few years ago, cracking the bumper with her head and flying about 60 feet down the road, yet walked away with only a minor scrape on her leg.
3. Dreams of one day catching one of the wild rabbits that taunt her daily.
4. Lays frog-style.
5. Doesn't much care for water (other than to drink). Possibly related to early attempts to punish her with a squirt bottle (ala Dr Evil with Mini Me)
6. We haven't taken a single picture of Ella since Laina was born! (aside from the picture of one of her heart shaped spots above)
7. Is not allowed on furniture, aside from one junky dusty rose colored upholstered chair I got at a garage sale for $5, which is now her throne
8. Once dug up and killed a groundhog
9. Likes to sleep under our bed. We call it the "wolf den", because it makes her seem like less of a wuss.
10. Licks Laina when she's crying and gets a concerned look on her face
Laina:
11. Has a gap between her big toe and next toe. We call it the Hoskinson Gap. She also has a curved pinky-toe, which is both a Hoskinson and Ali trait (she had no chance)
12. Has brown eyes, and at the moment, what almost appears to be red hair (it is possible, my grandfather on my mom's side went by the name "Red", but it might just be light brown).
13. Loves books about ponies and horses. She actually tries to touch the horses on the texture-book.
14. Ate her first food Friday - baby cereal. She dug it bigtime. Didn't spit it out or anything.
15. Loves her feet. She just figured out how to get them in her mouth.
16. Has a little mark on the back of her neck called a "Stork Bite". Its supposedly a temporary birthmark.
17. Is intrigued by fish. She stared at them and reached for them at Great-Grandma's house. A trip to the aquarium is in order I think.
18. Has "tweety bird" cheeks, just like her mom did.
19. Has never been sick in her whole life
20. Talks a lot, only nobody knows what shes saying
21. Has three cousins (Kylie, Conner, and Kaity)
22. Was pronounced "The cutest baby I've ever seen" by a woman on the plane last weekend.
23. Plays the ukelele (well, she stares at it and occaisonally grabs the strings and accidentally makes noise)
24. Is over a year old by Japanese standards (they measure age by conception, or used to until recently, according to Jenna's brother)
25. Sleeps about 12 hours every night, and 5 hours during the day
Jay and Jenna (aka Jayenna):
26. We met via bumpersticker (long story)
27. We grew up within a half hour of each other, but didn't meet until college
28. I proposed on the slopes in Telluride
29. With a fake plastic ring
30. Jenna's dad married us (pastor)
31. I taught Jenna to surf, snowboard, and snorkel
32. She taught me how to ride a horse
33. Our nickname in college was Jayenna (hence the title of this section).
34. We've been together 8 years, married for 5
35. We have the exact same taste in movies
36. We also have the same taste in music
37. We both play video games. We hadn't in over a year, but we pulled out "Super Bust-A-Move" a few days ago and had a good hour or so of competitive puzzle solving... Jenna won
38. Our first meal together was at Chili Peppers in SLO.
39. Our address adds up to the number 23 (if you've seen the movie, you'd know how creepy that was to realize during the middle of the movie)
40. Are fans of Ikea, Trader Joes, and In 'N' Out Burger, none of which are in Colorado (yet)
41. Have never tipped a cow
42. Aren't into watching football, basketball, baseball, etc.
43. Are 58 years old combined
44. Are only about 10'-10" tall combined
45. Think Coloradans are wusses for thinking mid 90's with low humidity is "too hot".
46. Prefer small groups to big crowds
47. Are closet environmentalists
48. Weren't all that fond of kids until Laina was born
49. Are usually late to everything
50. Can never remember the rules for card games
Jenna:
51. Hates Ranch dressing with a passion
52. Collected breyer horses from a young age, even entering and organizing "horse shows" for them
53. Never learned to swim correctly (I'm working on that)
54. Was a vegetarian for the first couple years of her life
55. Likes super long RPG type video games with hit points and magic potions and whatnot...
56. Will watch any movie involving horses, no matter how bad
57. Had goats and chickens as a kid
58. Has ridden probably 30-40 different horses, and could probably name every one of them
59. Had braces, etc. for 8 years
60. Has never broken a bone
61. Was bitten pretty badly by a pit bull, but still defends the breed, since she's an animal lover.
62. Has bruised a kidney and broken her nose riding horses
63. Used to work at a rental shop for 3 years, and learned all kinds of stuff most girls don't know, about various equipment and power tools.
64. Has one cousin (oops, I was with Jay when he wrote this but somehow didn't catch that one! He thought I had none)
65. Is currently obsessed with the art and science of diapering (and making/buying all kinds of cloth diapering accessories)
66. Claimed growing up that she would never get married or have kids
67. Loves being a stay-at-home-mom much more than she ever thought she would
68. Has never had a cavity
69. Squeaks out of the back of her mouth when she yawns
70. Made her little brother eat a mud pie made from actual dirt
71. Had spiky bleached blonde hair when we first met
72. Has found a new hobby in sewing after buying what turned out to be a pretty nice sewing machine at the goodwill for $12 (while we were furnishing our condo)
73. Is apparently very tasty for mosquitos
74. Has 8 piercings in her ears, and three tattoos
75. Laughs at anything even remotely funny, so she's a good person to watch any comedy movie with, or tell jokes to.
Jay:
75. My picture was seen on the side of a bus in Ohio a few years ago (from an ad for my dad's whirlpool bathtubs when I was a kid)
76. I have the proven ability (if you can call it that) to sniff a pasta noodle up my nose and out my mouth.
77. My thumbs are double jointed, so I can make a serious hitchhikers thumb
78. I had the tip of my left middle finger severed when I was 3 in an unfortunate tricycle accident.
79. I chipped my front teeth three times in my lifetime, the last taking out the four top front ones, so they are all veneers.
80. I had Lasik surgery about 7 years ago.
81. I'm allergic to cats, dust, mold, etc., etc.
82. I have a food intolerance for bananas, avocados, and some red wines
83. My band in college (One Cent Spent) got played on two major radio stations, Sly 96.1 in San Luis Obispo, and Live 105 in San Francisco. Apparently the guy who managed the Local Artists CD section at the local record store in San Luis was also a DJ for Sly 96 where he had a show that highlighted local bands. I think he eventually moved to San Francisco and brought along his "unknown local bands".
84. We also had three songs featured on a surf video called LC-1 through a similarly lucky coincidence. Strangely enough, when we were looking to add another guitar player, the guy who joined had seen the surf video and thought we were way bigger than we were.
85. I'm short (okay that one wasn't little known)
86. My nickname my freshman year of high school was "Baby Yahoo Deiter Seriously Hosk". "Baby Hosk" because my older brother was also on the swim team, and at the first meet the scorekeeper didn't know my name so just wrote "Baby Hosk". "Yahoo Seriously" because that's how my hair looked after swimming, and Deiter because of my mean impression of Mike Myers' character from SNL.
87. I was nicknamed "One Ball" in college from my snowboarding friends, because I had some snowboard wax called "One Ball Jay". It was kind of fun to leave people guessing on that one...
88. I used to ride around on a 50cc scooter with racing stickers all over it and an enormous red helmet in college, until I totalled it (and myself) when hit by a car in downtown SLO.
89. Then my nickname changed to "Scooter"
90. A dolphin stole my wave once in Morro Bay.
91. I also once collided with a clumsy sea otter while surfing (it was okay)
92. My brother and I put messages in a bottle on a cruise when we were little and threw them overboard. We both got letters back, mine from the Phillipines and my brother's from the Marshal Islands.
93. I've never had a cavity
94. I've eaten raw sea slug
95. I never had braces
96. I've broken or sprained my right wrist 4 times.
97. I've worked at 5 different firms in the last 7 years.
98. Used to be a lifeguard and assistant swim coach
99. I had no idea how long this was going to take
100. I'm ready for a nap
5 comments:
Wow! Great job on the list Jay!
You know we still call you Jayenna, and One Ball...I don't think those nicknames will ever die. It's also good to know that you weren't fond of kids before you had Laina! I guess there is hope for John and I! I will definitely make a note of Jenna's hatred of Ranch...and I am SAD to say that I have witnessed your pasta noodle talent! I'm totally impressed with the list, by the way... not too sure if I will be able to do it on my 100th!
That's too funny! Some stranger once told Jenna (as a baby) that she was the cutest baby ever...so, like mom, like baby. Also Jenna does have a cousin, her cousin Joe (my sisters son).
Love learning new things about friends:) Hope all is well. Jenna call me so we can catch up. We're now in the blogging world!
I love that Jenna didn't know she had a cousin. You can add big dork to your list. I also love that Jenna has a BIG funny bone, and pray that your nose excaped Laina's head, from esperience, not fun to have your kid break your nose!
Fun to see both of you using this blog to write...it feels like a long while ago i noticed you did this, but i didn't have the time to read it until now...that was impressive! I love ya'll's (if you can do that) humor. Have a great week! Oh, and Laina is soooo cute!
Post a Comment