Jay tried to post about this yesterday, but the internet was not cooperating at all...so I have posting duties today.
We have fantastic news! After about 8 months of waiting, we finally got an offer on our house in CA!!! We are excited but trying to stay realistic and not get our hopes too high because, of course, everything has to get through escrow before we officially can put on that "sold" label. Our realtor feels confident about the offer though and the buyer had a pre-approval letter, so all should go well. Please keep praying that everything goes through as it should!
Since we are feeling pretty good about the sale going through in CA, and since we've had all this time to look at neighborhoods and houses here (I'm positive we've walked through at least 100 houses since we've been here), we also decided to put an offer on a house here. I think it's really God's timing because there's this resale house we really liked on the market before the holidays but they pulled it for a few months and are planning on putting it back up in spring. Well that realtor knew we liked it and he has been calling our realtor quite frequently to see how we're doing and to let us know that even though it's not technically on the market we can purchase it. The ironic thing is that not only is this house available, but the one we put the $5 hold on several months ago is also still available - and now finished being built. We did go by to check that one out, and the lot is really the selling point (views and open space and a park accross the street), but when we walked in it just didn't feel quite "right" and, even though it is a bigger house, that means a bigger price tag, and we just don't want to be in the same situation we were in back in CA - strapped to a mortgage.
So here is a pic of the resale house that we are going to put an offer on this week:
Another cool thing that I just found out about the neighborhood is that there are several families with new babies on the street and also a couple who are due soon! And it sounds like everyone is pretty neighborly which is really something we're wanting in a neighborhood. It's on a culdesac wich also helps that community feeling, I think.
Speaking of babies, the one inside is growing and doing well. My drs visits have increased to every 2 weeks now, which means I'm officially in the 3rd trimester! Wow, the time has really gone fast so far. Here is the latest picture, or as Jay likes to say, the January belly:


8 comments:
Wow, your baby has grown a lot in four weeks. It is neat that the pictures are near each other on the blog. I guess we are usually sitting when we are hanging out so the belly isn't so noticable. I love the look of your new home. It is very Colorado looking. I hope the escrows coordinate and you can be in your new house with plenty of time before baby makes three, or four if Ella counts!
Hooray for the houses! That sounds like an ideal place to live. Jenna, you look awesome! I can't believe you get to meet your little one so soon.
Yay! I'm so happy to hear about your Cali house selling. I'm glad that everything is working out for the new house too. I guess God's timing is the best timing. We will keep praying that everything with the old house goes through. And Rachel is right! Your baby did grow a lot in a month. You look so cute. I'll be no one can even tell you are pregnant from behind.
It looks like a beautiful home. Very exciting times. I can't wait to have little Ua's running around.
That's great news about the house in CA! Also, I really like the new Colorado house - it's interesting how much houses differ regionally - it definitely has the rustic mountain look to it.
Great news on both the CA and CO homes! I can't believe how big your belly has grown in just 4 weeks! You must post a belly photo once a week until the little one pops out!
Yeah! We want weekly belly pics!
How about an update on things?
Post a Comment