Well, since we aren't moving to a purchased house, and after carefully weighing the pros and cons of buying something cheap just to live in for the time being, we've decided to rent a condo and wait on any purchasing until we can afford what we really want. The good part is that at least we're getting out of this tiny hotel room. The other good part is that we are renting a condo from friends of friends who are aware of our situation and they are willing to do a 3 month lease w/month to month after that. And the 3rd good part is that they even have some furniture they are letting us borrow! So now I don't feel totally trapped, especially with the holidays coming up. Oh, and the 4th good part is that there is an actual, real kitchen, so I can even make holiday feasts if I so desire! (Hopefully with kitchen supplies and dinnerware supplied dirt cheap by local garage sales or Goodwill). The 5th good part - only one flight of stairs and a fireplace to boot! I could just go on and on...but really the best part of all is that we're moving this saturday!!!! Of course we could still use a bit of prayer that our house sells soon and that we don't go broke in the mean time (the new place will end up costing a bit more than we pay now as we'll have to pay utilities on top of rent). Sorry no pics yet, but once we're in and get some internet hooked up we'll post again with some pics so you all don't feel too disapointed in viewing our pictureless post.
3 comments:
Yeah, I am so happy for you guys. Maybe the three month lease will be just enought to get a buyer at your door in Tustin!
I know how relieved you guys must be to have some more space! Be quick with the pics. You know how I like to visualize things.
I think this is the perfect solution for the time. The most perfect thing in the whole cosmic scope of things is yet to come. (a better house, a baby, of course not in that order) You'll see. Blessings on the move and the months to come. We're still praying for a quick sale.
Look forward to seeing pics of the giant WALK IN kitchen.
Dad
Post a Comment