Saturday, June 3, 2006

Garage Sale Day!!!

wow, we had a huge multi-family garage sale at our house today and it of course was the hottest day of the year! 95 degrees outside! It was really fun, though, and we made a bit of extra cash, and Goodwill got thier fair share as well. My friends from the barn wanted to have the sale here since they live in an apartment, and then of course we had some stuff since we'll be moving, and our friends Joshua and Erin wanted in on the fun as well, so we had a lot of stuff. Everyone made out pretty well in the end, making at least $100. The big winner of the day was my friend Lauren who made over $300!!! Here are the pics, enjoy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here we are at the beginning...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Silly Jay trying to attract more customers

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

some of the girls, bored and hot (that is temperature hot, but we'll take hot hot too)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

now it's Joshua's turn to attract customers (maybe we should have put some of those "hot" girls out front...no offense to Joshua of course...)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and of course, everythings for sale, even the house! (and we did give away a few flyers and gave a couple tours of the house!)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE the house sign!!!

When I was in high school one of my friends lived on one of those streets that does crazy Christmas lights that people would drive from miles to see. Anyway, they had a grinch in the lawn that was for sale for $699,000 (if memory serves) and underneath it said House for Free. Ten years later and I still think it is funny.

Of course, she was Erin's friend too, so maybe this story was already the inspiration for the sign!

Jenna Hoskinson said...

nope, Jay came up with the sign idea all by himself, the night before!

Erin said...

Rachel,you are the only one who remebers random info like that. I have no recollection of that signage!

Rachel said...

Erin

I do remember random stuff, but for some reason I never know if I saw a movie (unless I loved it) and cannot remember character names in books.

I think you had the same problem in AP US history that I did... sucking at it. I always remembered the most ridiculous info but couldn't manage to remember anything that showed up on those daily quizes or tests!

Joshua said...

until looking at the first picture I never realized that there were so many power lines hovering over the Hoskinsons house.

Jenna Hoskinson said...

yeah, power lines, just another great selling feature...

Rachel said...

spin, spin, spin! i n case of an outage, your house will be getting back on the grid first!

Don't get discouraged Jenna, it only takes one offer to sell a house.