Monday, April 10, 2006

why do things have to grow so much in socal?

So, Jay and I finally bit the bullet and hired landscapers to come and do some massive yard clean-up. Everything was getting way overgrown (which doesn't take too long to happen here). They basically did a ton of weeding and trimming (or hacking, more like it) of all the bushes/shrubs/wall cover and edged the lawns. Then Jay re-shaped the borders while I filled with bark so hopefully the weeds don't grow back so easily. Jay also hacked back some tree branches and moved the little bird house that was hidden in the front to a nice spot in the back where, as he put it, "awww, looks sooo cute!" (think of Jay's semi-sarcastic tone of voice). I also fixed the bent and dented solar lights that somehow got all messed up (it couldn't possibly be from Jay running into them with the lawnmower, now, could it?...) I also tried to cut back/prune the sickly flowers in the back planter, hopefully they come back ok. The last thing we want to do is plant some little flowers in the front walkway border, where there is just bark now. Then lastly there is the picture of the yard waste that has been piled up in the side yard. Now, why didn't we do the tree trimming before the landscapers came, since they could have hauled away our mess as well as thiers?! I only wish we would have taken some before pictures so you could really see the difference. I'd say it looks darn good now, darn good!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Mike here. Just too lazy to relog in under me.

Wow you guys. That looks REALLY great! I'm sure it feels good to have that behind you. So you wanna some do our backyard too? It isn't too much bigger. :)

Jay's semi sarcastic tone...I was unaware he had a "semi" sarcastic tone. I thought it was all or nothing. But maybe it's like semi sweet chocolate chips. Not as sweet as milk chocolate but still delicious! Anyway...

Rachel said...

Looks great you guys. And just in time, I heard it's rain again in Cali!

Tara said...

WOW!! Is there going to be anything left for us to do on the annual Hoskinson work day? I guess it'll be inside the house for us.

Larry and Theresa said...

looks great! Also, the felafels were ready made frozen....all to do is cook them (but still time consuming when makeing for 50)...and only 25 came, so lots of leftovers!

Tara said...

How come every time I come to your blog, it looks different? sometimes your filmstrip and info is at the top, and sometimes it's on the bottom? I'm confused...

Jenna Hoskinson said...

strange, it always looks the same for us. Maybe it's a browser difference.