Today I had the privilege of attending Alternatives Pregnancy Center's spring luncheon. My friend invited me, and although I had to do some creative scheduling at the barn in order to get out of there early to get showered and up to DTC where the luncheon was held, I am so, so glad I went.
The speaker, Star Parker, was phenomenal and to say she is extreme is putting it mildly. She has an amazing passion for God, morality, and getting people up off their complacent butts and doing what's right. I have been interested in Alternatives for a while now and kept thinking I wanted to get involved, to volunteer, but never really followed through on it. Then I got somewhat indifferent and became what Star calls a POB - "Personally Opposed, But..." and my particular "but" was that the government is not a moral entity and that we can't expect them to make moral decisions for us so why should we try to do anything about it. Star pointed out that we can make a difference one person at a time and that we can get down on our knees and pray for our country.
How ironic that now, when we are not sure if we will even be staying in this area, I am seriously motivated to do something. And I can pray. And, no matter where we might end up, God knows what and where is best for us and knows the passions of our hearts and I'm sure there will be something similar I can get involved in wherever we may end up. And like I told Jay, if there isn't, maybe I can start something.
2 comments:
star sounds wonderful. my mom volunteers at alternatives in ill.; she's loving it. thanks for sharing your thoughts, jenna!
Love it, Jenna! God is growing you through this trial, to trust where you are and where he is leading. Pastor Ed gave an intro to Acts on Sunday, questioning whether your actions are spirit-led, or self-led? He also asked if the Holy Spirit were to leave us, would we continue doing what we're doing, or changing our path? Interesting questions I'm asking myself and wanted to pass along.
Post a Comment