Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yes, we are Still Alive

I know we haven't blogged much lately. Everything is a little more chaotic right now than normal, but things are okay. I don't remember how much Jay posted in the last installment, but he is still looking for work. I am working 3 days a week at the stables now, and that brings in a little bit of income. I also have my little baby diaper/clothing business going fairly well right now and just got my embellished prefolds listed in Pampered Buns' shop! That is exciting for me to see my stuff in an actual shop! I also have my nutritional supplement/wellness business going very well and plan to make a full time income with it by year's end! I am going to an all-day training this Saturday to learn about health and nutrition and how the products I'm selling fit into a healthy lifestyle. This is exciting for me because I've always been interested in healthy living and nutrition and had even thought of becoming a nutritionist at one point. Now I have the opportunity to turn yet another of my interests into a career.

So, in spite of Jay losing his job, God is good and I know that He will be the ultimate providor for our family. The message at church last Sunday actually got me thinking about this whole situation differently. It was on John 11 and the death of Lazarus. When Jesus heard of Lazarus' sickness, he said "this sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it." I'm not sure why I related this to our situation, but I realized that the outcome of this situation will be for God's glory. It is not for us. It isn't so Jay can get a better job, or so that we can be in a "better place" in the long run. It's not about us suffering or having to learn to rely on God (once again). It isn't about us at all. It's about Him. I think the outcome of this situation is going to be something that brings glory to God. I have no idea what that means, but I still believe it. It's hard to be in a place of waiting and not knowing. But I trust in Him and know that we are here to serve His purpose and that if we let His will be done, this will all serve to glorify Him.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I read this on Laina's Laundry earlier and thought you posted in the wrong spot. The other great thing about the Lazerous example is that Jesus KNEW he was sick, and waited several days before going to see him. He didn't rush on over, he worked in his perfect time. I still hope his perfect time is soon though!

amy luella said...

thinking of you a lot these days. so nice to read an update. with love...