Monday, May 14, 2007

My first mother's day

Well I don't have any pictures this time, but I did have my first mother's day yesterday. Jay bought me beautiful roses and also chocolates from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - which I may have commented before is my favorite chocolates because Jay actually picks out the ones he knows I like and they put them in a box - much better than the "you never know what you're going to get" boxes from See's candy.

It's really weird being called "mom" and having a daughter. It's taking a lot of getting used to this whole motherhood thing. I know it's partially after-pregnancy hormones, but the range of emotions is pretty overwhelming. Everything from the most intense love to utter frustration take their turns wreaking havoc on my heart and mind. I have no idea if things will ever feel normal again or what normal will even be like anymore. But of course I'm very glad to have turned this huge corner in my life with Jay and I just have to keep praying that God grant us grace and wisdom in this journey of parenthood.

2 comments:

Tara said...

It must be a huge adjustment! Especially after it being just you and Jay for so long. I know you will get adjusted soon and then you'll hardly remember how it was before Laina was around :)

Rachel said...

you'll find normal about two days before you pee on a stick just to find that you are years away from normal again. At least that was how it felt for me...

and you can hand pick chocolates at See's too. that's what my dad and I always did for my mom.